Viewing what weather data is available
A detailed station inventory is provided with SuperPack through a web-delivered interactive map tool seen here. This shows our core archive of 16,000+ sites. Availability of meteorological
observations can be broken down by a number of criteria including temporal duration
(hourly data, daily data), variable observed (temperature, precipitation,..), data
quality (cleaned, raw, Recalibrated), length of history, type of observation, percentage
of data available and global coordinates.
The SuperPack inventory provides:
- Station attribute information (station name, WMO #, National ID #, Speedwell ID,
latitude, longitude, elevation)
- Data source by data type
- Breakdown of statistics by variable
- Begin date of raw data, begin date of cleaned data
- Percentage raw data missing by period
- Availability of Recalibrated data
Indication of the temporal duration of the data (hourly, daily)
SuperPack is a “living product” that is constantly growing and
being updated. As additional data sets are sourced and decoded they will be added to SuperPack
and updates of the stationary inventory provided.
- How is the data delivered?
and hourly data are usually made available by FTP. Data can also be downloaded directly from the web site by any individuals in the licenced corporation. We are also able to deliver data through ZE Group's Zema product. Additional delivery mechanisms and formats may be available at an additional
- What if a weather station I need isn’t in SuperPack?
This depends upon the nature of the data... Firstly, the SuperPack station inventory
may not yet fully reflect our available archives. For example, in the case for hourly
data in the USA there are many hundreds of additional sites available but not yet
listed. For other data sets that are accessible to us these can be provided on a
reasonable request basis free-of-charge and will then become part of the SuperPack
inventory. Data sets that require substantial processing or the payment of fees or
royalties to National Meteorological Services can be purchased as add-ons to the subscription.
- What if I need cleaned data?
Subject to data quality and the availability of proxy stations, cleaned data will
be provided on a reasonable-request basis free-of-charge and will then become part
of the SuperPack inventory. Data sets that require substantial processing can be
purchased as add-ons to the subscription.
- Who Uses SuperPack? Our clients include insurance companies, energy companies, banks, commodity traders, traders in the agriculture markets and investment funds.
- How is SuperPack Licenced? A single annual fee covers access to all of our archives for all offices group-wide.